How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35059
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Can I go to court with my ex partner after having a claim through

Customer Question

Can I go to court with my ex partner after having a claim through the csa? They have a figure he owes but bailiffs had no luck and it cannot be taken to court unless I prove he has the means to pay but just refuses?? He has everything in his girlfriends name and now works cash in hand which he has text me to tell me!
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
For clarity - are you asking if you can personally enforce the CSA arrears?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes or can I go to court for a judge to look at his income and force any payments???
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Sadly I am afraid that no you cannot enforce the CSA arrears for them - nor can you ask the court to set the Child maintenance
However the CSA can take away his driving licence and/or passport - so keep pushing them to take action.
Sorry to have to give such disappointing news