How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35088
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Dear sir /madam I am concerned about my Grandaughter she is

Customer Question

Dear sir /madam I am concerned about my Grandaughter she is Ten now but when she was five her mother met a man after being a single mum since she was born & my daughter had a child by him my grandson is now 4, I can,t say that they were ever in a relationship because he has never supported her or the children he lives at home with his mother and used to visit periodicaly my daughter gave him every to chance to face up to his responsibilities and in the end she gave-up a year ago in March. She allowed him to see the children he picked them up on Friday -Sunday from our house we mediated because he was abusive to my daughter calling her a C--T very often and always wanted to start a row. At xmas this year he had introduced the children to his new girlfriend and they had met her three times it and when my grandaughter got home she told her mother that she had slept in the same bed as his new girlfriend and also himself Lewis slept in the other room my daughter was livid and said that she did not like the sleeping arrangements and in future he could just take them out for the day He went mad and told her it had F all to do with her what he did on his weekends. She was made much of at xmas more so than his biological son since then my daughter has offered for him to bring his new lady to meet her seeing as she is going to be part of the childrens lives but the offer was never taken up. he has not seen the children for about a month and my grandaughter has expressed that SHE does not want to see him and her brother hasn't mentioned him either. We are very concerned because he has pictures of my Grandaughter on his Facebook Page very few of her brother and a couple of my other two grandaughters I have Three grandsons and there are lots of pictures of them on my daughters phone but none of them. He is'nt a very nice character and will text while driving,& tailgate but if it's done to him he will shove his brakes on so that is another area of concern but our main concern is that he took pictures without permission from my daughter and has got them on his profile my grandchildren are a good looking bunch and because of the types he hangs with we are not happy he even took photos of our house & tree with pressies all around claiming it is his own I rang him and told him to take the pictures off and all he has done is blocked us from seeing what he is doing but we have someone who has told us the pictures are still there what can we do to make him stop this ? By the way my daughter is soon to be with a lovely man and he would like to Legally adopt them both my daughters ex said he was'nt going to be replaced but you have to be there in the first place to be replaced please can you help us to get these photos he has without our permission removed from Facebook? thankyou
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
There are a number of issues you here.
With regard to the facebook photographs your daughter should contact facebook and inform them that her ex doe snot have Parental Responsibility for her daughter and ask for the photos to be removed.
So far as contact is concerned your daughter should suggest discussing what contact there should be using Family mediation ( but given the lack of biological link and the fact that her daughter doesn't want contact it is unlikely that this will be ordered - the position with regard to her son is of course entirely different
I am not sure why you have called the Children Services as there is nothing in what you say that raises any immediate safeguarding issues
With regard to adoption it is too early for this to be even spoken of let alone realistically considered.
Please ask if you need further details