How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34900
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

can my sons partner take their 5 year old son to live with

This answer was rated:

can my sons partner take their 5 year old son to live with her in another property without his permmision
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is there a Residence order in place and how far away is she moving?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no there is no order, and she is going to stay in the same town with

Who has the day to day care of the child at the moment?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Assuming that your son is named on the birth certificate then both parents have Parental Responsibility for the child and are entitled to have the child in their care - and no the mother does not need the father's permission to take the child to live elsewhere - but she cannot remove the child from his arms in order to do so.
If as parents they cannot agree how the care of the child is shared between them then an application to the court will have to be made so that a Judge can decide
They should try and discuss matters using Family mediation first,uk
and this website might also be useful
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you