How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34903
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I need help in selling the property owned by myself and my

This answer was rated:

I need help in selling the property owned by myself and my ex. he is not interesting in selling but i am the one paying the morgage for the 2 bed flat that does not have enough room to house the four children. pls help me
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Were you married and are the children also his children?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Clare, Yes I am married with 3 children involved. ages ranges from 0,7 and 15years old. the flat is worth i believe in the range of £340,000 and there is a £76.000 outstanding on the morgage. I am the only person who is paying the morgage for a long time now. the kids dont have sufficient living space and it very stressful living situation. I cant live like this anymore

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire, Yes we are married with children ranging ages 0, 7 to 15. the house is worth 380.000 i believe and there is a 76,000 morgage left on it. the living situation is very bad and i need out of this. please help me

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes we are married and all the children are his children the house is worth 380,000 and there is a 76.000 left to be payed on the property

Are you willing to start divorce proceedings?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes I am willing to do so, but you have not answered my question about the flat?

The most effective way of forcing the sale and ensuring that you have the proceeds in order to rehouse yourself and the children
This is done as part of the Financial side of the Divorce which is started once you have reached the Decree Nisi stage.
There are other ways - but this is the one which will achieve the best result for you
Please ask if you would like me to provide further details,
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you