How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35057
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

"The Petitioner do pay or cause to be paid to the Respondent

This answer was rated:

"The Petitioner do pay or cause to be paid to the Respondent a lump sum equivalent to half the maximum lump sum commutation of his pension policies with Prudential Assurance Company Limited Policy No. 13474743 and Scottish Amicable Life plc no. 670WB620 or any other pension scheme to which these plans are transferred."
This is from my consent order given by the court when my husband divorced me in May 2000. My problem is that in April 2013 he realised both pensions and according to the Prudential it is up to him if I receive any monies. Without going into great detail I can categorically say this will not happen. I have written to Prudential and the Court but to no avail. I would be so grateful for your help as my financial future is dependent on receipt of what I understood to be my entitlement.
Mo Swain
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Did the solicitor not start enforcement proceedings for you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Clare apologies for the delay in replying. No enforcement proceedings were started by the solicitor.



Do you know how much he actually received?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Unfortunately not.

That's fine
You need to apply to the court within the Divorce proceedings to enforce the Order.
You need a form D11
You are asking for
1. The disclosure of the documentation showing how much he received
2. an order that half of the sum received should be paid to you within 28 days
3. Costs
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you