How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

in 1970 i married a muslim in a civil marriage in England about

Customer Question

in 1970 i married a muslim in a civil marriage in England about 8 years later i filed for a divorce rcved the decree nisi ,then i think i misunderstood and thought i was divorced.35 years later i think i am still married .How do i go ahead with this divorce ,i am not sure where my husband is ,and i dont have the decree nisi or any paperwork from courts .Do i just start all over again ,i just dont know where to begin
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 4 years ago.

My name is Mac and I will be able to help you with your question, but first I need a bit more information:

- can you recall which Court you were in before?
- when were you last in touch with your husband?
- do you have any contact details for him, or know anyone who might?
- what was it recently that made you question whether you were divorced?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i dont recall any info about a court.i was in contact with my husband 35 years ago i dont have any contact details,i am in a relationship,and was told by a friend i may not be divorced

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I would like to know where to begin sorry I can't give more info how long do I wait for a reply