How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34886
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am living with boyfriend and we want to get married but he

Customer Question

I am living with boyfriend and we want to get married but he is being taken to court by ex girlfriend saying she has co habitation rights even though he paid for all properties and are in deed of trust if we got married how will that play on the case and will my earnings be taken into account plus my property
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
For clarity - his ex has made a financial application against his property - is that correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My partner lived with his ex girlfriend for 20 years but anything he bought ie property's it was before she became a partner for tax purposes only in his Buisness all properties are in his name and all in deed of trusts she payed nothing towards them all tr1 s are in his name
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
If you get married any claims that she has will still have priority of any interest that you may acquire in your husbands assets - BUT she will have no claim on any assets or income of yours
I am not sure if that is what you wished to know - so please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you recommend a decent solicitor in Chelmsford essex and who deals with cases about cohabitation
Vv. thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
You can find a specialist on the website here