How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

If we were separated and we had a loan on the property to pay

Customer Question

If we were separated and we had a loan on the property to pay for the deposit on the property when the spouse moved out and the wife were left in the property with. 2 year old daughter. The wife paid the mortgage herself - would the spouse who left be entitled to continue to pay half the loan for the property if the agreement wS he got the half of the loan paid back when the house was sold?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are you referring to the former matrimonial home?
If so how was it funded, how much is it worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?