How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask familylawexpert Your Own Question
familylawexpert, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 311
Experience:  Substantial experience (14yrs +) in divorce, financial cases, cohabitation, pre-nuptial agreements and civil partnerships.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
familylawexpert is online now

The applicant has failed to adhere to Court orders issued within

This answer was rated:

The applicant has failed to adhere to Court orders issued within two first appointments within the time frames directed within those orders - I have applied for the FDR to be adjourned allowing for the applicant time to adhere fully with those orders - the Court has refused and adjournment. What can I do, or ask the court to do, as the lack of basic information and supporting documentation from the applicant (tax returns, legible bank statements, documentation in English) will prejudice my case - the applicant has considerable assets and a barrister - I am a LIP.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be able to help you with your question.

I recommend that you serve on the other side before the hearing a schedule of those deficiencies, and let them know that you will be seeking an order at the coming hearing for them to answer them, and that to the extent the hearing is wasted because of their failure to comply with the existing orders for disclosure, you will seek a costs order against them.
familylawexpert and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you