How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35074
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hallo! I would like to ask you about child access. My ex

This answer was rated:

I would like to ask you about child access. My ex wife she said to me that she doesn't prohibiting me to see my son but each time when i should come to see him she skips me. And today again the same, we agreed before that i would come after job and again she rang to me and say that she has a guests but you can come.I don't wanna each time see my son whit somebodys oversight.I fed up to adjust my self to her time that i should come to see my son when she has a time not me.If i go to court what i could get from that?Would i see my son whatever i want not my ex? And if you could tell me how much it all would be ?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is the child and how often have you seen him in the last six months?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My son is 2 years old
Six months ago we still was living together . About 3 months ago we start living separate and i seen my son once a week ,now already past 1,5 week and i still didn't see him.
How long have you seen him each time?
What contact would you actually like?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I seen him approximately 3-5 hours each time ,once i was with him 9 hours because nobody could look after him (she's asking somebody else to look after him not me).

Englihs not my first language that's maybe i'm not understand the meaning of question.

I would like to see him when i have the time 2-3 times a week and sometimes take him to my house

Could you have him set days?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what you mean set days?i cant understand

That is fine
I mean two hours every tuesday and thursday and six hours on a saturday - or has it got to be flexible?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

that would be fine

because now i have to each time asking about time and date when i can come to see him a she all the time change it

The law says that a child is entitled to regular contact with both parents - and it is best for there to be a regular pattern of contact for the sake of the child
You should try and discuss with your ex using Family mediation ( but if that fails you will need to apply to the court for a Defined Contact Order
You can read more about this here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you