How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am financially separated from my husband and have been for

Customer Question

I am financially separated from my husband and have been for 8 years but have not got around to getting divorced. I have been living with my partner of 5 years for just over 3 years now. We have a joint mortgage on our current property and share all financial responsibilities. My partner is under the impression that I would be entitled to his private pension if I were to out live him (and vice versa). I thought that this would not be the case, unless I get divorced and then my partner and I marry?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you.
That depends on your respective Pension schemes and whether or not you have each nominated the other to receive the pension.
You should each speak to your pension providers to ascertain the situation
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. I believe my partner has nominated me. We will each speak to our provider.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Excellent idea