How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am at Decree nisi in a divorce and have applied for a financial

This answer was rated:

I am at Decree nisi in a divorce and have applied for a financial order. We have both been sent Form E and given a date for the first court hearing. My ex is now considering settling out of court. We have no property to split, just my claim on his pension plus arrears of spousal maintenance of £3,000. He earns four times what I do and has a new partner and a baby. I live alone in accommodation attached to my job. Can I stop the court order and sort out a consent order between us? Neither of us has a solicitor.
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
As soon as agreement has been reached you can forward the Order to the court and at that point the process will end.
There is no need to withdraw the application - that could cause a problem if no agreement is in fact reached
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Clare

Thank you. Does the order have to be formerly sworn in front of a solicitor first? I am not sure if I am better off going through to court having come this far so am nervous about accepting any lower amount, but also don't relish going to court.


No the Order has to be agreed and forwarded to the court
Only you can say if the agreement is worth it
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. I will wait then until the offer is acceptable to me.

If it is, am I right in thinking this must be done using Form A1?

You have already started the Process.
So either an Order is agreed and submitted to the court - or the Court process continues