How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have a daughter which I did not want from birth, the mother

Customer Question

I have a daughter which I did not want from birth, the mother is married now and has started chasing me for CSa, Is the anything legally I can do to sign my daughter over to the stepfather and have no parental rights for her?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Does the Stepfather wish to adopt the child?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, they hvent said anything because at the moment they are getting my csa money for her, although when that stops he probably would.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
I am afraid that unless he does wish to adopt the child there is no way that you can force him to do so.
Of course it is possible that if you did start to show an interest in contact then the mother and stepfather may decide that adoption is in fact a good idea!
Please ask if you need further details