How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35088
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Good afternoon, I hope you can help. I am recently divorced

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon, I hope you can help. I am recently divorced and the court decided that my ex wife should pay costs. She appealed and this decision was upheld. My ex wife proposed that her mother would pay back half the costs totalling £492.50 over 6 months. I have contacted her mother now the 6 months have passed and she has refused to pay. what can I do to enforce this and collect the full amount awarded? Thankyou, John O'Regan
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What financial position is your ex in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
She is working and has the house we bought on mortgage but she does not earn a great deal
In that case your enforcement options are as set out here
You can ask the court to choose the most appropriate options using this form
You are entitled to apply in respect of the full amount outstanding
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you