How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35303
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi me and my ex split up 2 months ago and i was going to her

Customer Question

Hi me and my ex split up 2 months ago and i was going to her house and seeing my daughter after work every Thursday for a hour but we had a big argument over her not letting me have my daughter on a Saturday afternoon and now she wont let me see her at all,what is the best thing for me to do,thanks lee
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is your daughter and are you named on the birth certificate/
What contact do you wish to have with him?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

she is 1 year and 2 months and she has my name on the birth certificate,we were living together till we split up and im now at my perants house,would like to see her on a weekend cause i work 6 days a week you see ......

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
What contact have you actually asked for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Saturday afternoons

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
The law says that a child is entitled to regular contact with both parents and the Courts will enforce this if necessary
Since you are working full time it is reasonable for you to ask that contact is arranged around that - so Saturday afternoon is a reasonable request.
You should try and discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation ( and you can find some ideas on this website
If that fails you can apply to the court for a Defined Contact Order which can then be enforced
You can read more about that here
Please ask if you need further details