my wife gave birth to a child 46 years ago who was adopted

my wife gave birth to a child 46 years ago who was adopted and has now made direct contact asking for information on her biological father. She clearly has a lot of information about us and our family, from an agency, but has made direct written and now telephone contact. My wife does not want any contact or to provide any information. What is her legal position and what can we do to stop the adopted child from contacting the rest of our family who do not know any of this?
What other family members are your referring to?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Clare

In the telephone conversation she made reference to her half brother, our son, and also said that she had spoken to neighbours of my wife's late parents

Just to check - the half brother is over 18?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

has the lady threatened your wife in any way?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If this person tries to contact your wife again then you wife can ask the Police to give her an Harassment warning to prevent any further contact.
However it is unlikely that you will be able to prevent her from contacting any other family members that she is aware of.
I am sorry not to give better news, but sadly there is no way of achieving t
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You have confirmed what we thought, though why the law was changed to allow adopted children and birth mothers to find each other without incorporating protection for anonymity etc in cases where contact is not wanted we will never understand

Thank you again

I suspect that she has not used the usual process where there is still protection built in
I am sorry - I can only imagine how hard this has been