How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now at the decree nisi stage of my divorce.i have a sixyear

This answer was rated: at the decree nisi stage of my divorce.i have a sixyear old daughter.i have asked her father if he could have her overnight on 2 Saturdays per month as my working shift is changing. he has declined saying he works overtime on sunday mornings and cannot afford it. we have a shared care agreement between us. I think sharing 2 Saturdays each per month is reasonable.where do I stand,is there anything I can do.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What contact does he actually have at the moment
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She stays on one night on a week night and 4-5 hiurs on a sat or a sun

So you have also offered alternate saturday nights and her father has refused is that correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes pretty much.he does overtime on every sun morningand says he cant afford it. He also works overtime every week day. I think alternate saturdays is reasonable.i can earn bit extra working on sat night.i also have 3 other children as well. Though not his.

I am afraid that there is no basis on which you can force your ex to have extra contact with his child
You can insist that he keeps to his usual arrangements and you can refuse extra contact - but there is no process which allows you to make him have extra
I am sorry to have to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you