How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughter is in 6 form and was due to finish in September

Customer Question

My daughter is in 6 form and was due to finish in September this year she will be 18 she has now told me she is going to stay on another year, I have an agreement with my ex who has paid maintenance for her, because she has now said she wants to stay another year can I ask my ex to continue paying for another year, my daughter has a part time job does this make a difference.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Does he pay via the CSA a court order or voluntarily?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
He pays voluntarily but if he stops paying can I take him to the csa ?
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Your ex does indeed have to continue paying so long as your daughter is under 20 and in full time secondary education - basically so long as you are receiving Child Benefit you should also be receiving child maintenance despite her part time job
There is a page here
that confirms this - I suggest that you show it to your ex and confirm that if he does not continue with payments you will indeed make an application to CMEC (the new CSA)
I hope that this is of assistance