How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Hello. Im thinking of separating from my husband. We have

Customer Question

Hello. I'm thinking of separating from my husband. We have a part buy and part rent property and a 2 year old daughter. Not sure where to begin in securing a home and future for my daughter and myself. Any advice or guidance in where to seek help would be much appreciated.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Which part of the Uk are you in?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Live in West Midlands Leamington Spa. We took a morgage loan of 62,500. We have lived here for almost 3 years. Outstanding is roughly 59,750. Income between us is roughly 2,300-2,500 pcm.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
How much is the property worth and what percentage do you and your ex own?
What income do you have?