How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34889
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife and i have seperated but are still married...I have

Customer Question

My wife and i have seperated but are still married...
I have moved out of the family home and now my wife has a new partner and he is staying over at my house when i have our children....
Is there any financial implications or laws against this...?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

Are you paying her any maintenance?
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Your wife is entitled to have visitors at the house - and the fact that she is doing so whilst the children are away is a plus.
There is no law that allows you to object I am afraid - unless he is someone who cou d pose a known risk to children and she wishes him to visit whilst they are there
Unless he is living there full time there is no financial implication either
If they do ever commence cohabitation then you can stop paying any Spouse maintenance (it will not affect child maintenance) and may be able to insist on an immediate sale of the property
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details