How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi, i got married in Acores ( portuguese island ) but now im

Customer Question

Hi, i got married in Acores ( portuguese island ) but now i'm living in London. My wife stays in Acores and we want to take a divorce. My question is is it possible for me to divorce without going Acores? For example through portuguese consulate in London?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

How long have you lived in the UK and when did you get married?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I got married on 18 december 2012 and i live in England around 2.5 year
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.
Thank you.If you are habitually resident in England, you may file for divorce in England if you wish. Otherwise you would need to go to Portugal, you cannot do it through the Portuguese Embassy in the UK.Eg see this guidance from the Embassy in the US the best