How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12189
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My daughter has just received a letter from her x lawyer stating

Customer Question

My daughter has just received a letter from her x lawyer stating that he wants the child the 4 days hes not working surely this cant be right as he would have the child more than she would he is only 1 yrold would a family judge allow this.he has never lived with her on a full time bases.and only went to a lawyer after she refused to lie to the council so he could get a house
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

No a judge would not make such an order for the following reasons:

1. Not is the child's best interests.

2. Age of child.

3. Behaviour of father taking his own interests before that of the child.

4. Parent with care should not get less contact that the father.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.