How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am a parent who is not in contact with my child but my ex

Customer Question

I am a parent who is not in contact with my child but my ex husband has an existing claim with the CSA.Due to my circumstances I do not pay any maintenance but the claim is child is 14 years of age.I am now in a relationship with someone who would like to put my name(as a tenancy in common) on his property.Is there any claim that the CSA can make against this property if anything happens to my present partner and the property gets passed to me?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the property worth and is it where you will be living?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Claire,the property at the moment is worth £300.000 but we are renovating it and it will be worth £400,000 when we finish in 6 months.we are living there now but at the moment it is solely in my partners name.there is also no mortgage on it.we plan to live in it long term.I just want to know if there could be a potential claim on it from the CSA in the future especially if anything happens to my partner and the property ends up mine

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I have been waiting too long
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Am still waiting for an answer 24 hours later!!!!please can you answer.I have paid £22 for this service!!!