UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience

One of my friend has a court hearing for a family matter and

One of my friend has a court hearing for a family matter and he cannot speak English and can't afford to book a professional qualified interpreter.

I'm his friend can I attend to interpret for him would the court accept this

Your friend should first ask the court's permission for you to interpret for him and the judge must be satisfied that you can accurately interpret what your friend will be saying to the court and what the court will be saying to youtr friend.

All the best

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How does my friend request for judge permission does he need to write a letter or phone the court.
A letter or email.

All the best
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Does the interpreter need to have official qualification to be allowed to work on courts or can any person do it who has good level of English.
Any person approved by the court.