How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

One of my friend has a court hearing for a family matter and

This answer was rated:

One of my friend has a court hearing for a family matter and he cannot speak English and can't afford to book a professional qualified interpreter.

I'm his friend can I attend to interpret for him would the court accept this

Your friend should first ask the court's permission for you to interpret for him and the judge must be satisfied that you can accurately interpret what your friend will be saying to the court and what the court will be saying to youtr friend.

All the best

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How does my friend request for judge permission does he need to write a letter or phone the court.
A letter or email.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Does the interpreter need to have official qualification to be allowed to work on courts or can any person do it who has good level of English.
Any person approved by the court.