How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKfamsol Your Own Question
UKfamsol, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 560
Experience:  Very experienced specialist family law solicitor, qualifed in 1994
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
UKfamsol is online now

I am just working through a divorce procedure and will be submitting

This answer was rated:

I am just working through a divorce procedure and will be submitting a consent order to cover the financial agreement. Is it the case that it must legally be drawn up by a solicitor, or can I submit the agreement that my husband and I have generated?
Hello and thanks for your question.

Yes - to ask the court to approve the agreement between you and your husband, and to make it legally binding on both of you, it must be worded using the correct legal terminology together with a summary of the all the matrimonial assets on the correct court form. This needs to be prepared by a solicitor, as a draft consent order (for the agreement) and a statement of information (for the summary of assets). Both documents arae then signed by both you and your husband, and then forwarded to the court, for the court's approval. Once approved by the court, the consent order is as binding on both of you as a court order reached follwoign contested proceedings.

Here's where to find a specialist family law solicitor to prepare the documentation for you:

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks and best wishes...

UKfamsol and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you