How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

my daughter is a single parent who has been in a violent relationship

Customer Question

my daughter is a single parent who has been in a violent relationship and split from the father their are not married can he take the child away from my daughter any time and not return her she has a 5 year injunction on him and he threatens to take the child a not return her and the police can not get involved is this true
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  UKfamsol replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question

I need a bit more information to answer your question:-

How long ago did she get the injunction?
Are there any court orders separate from the injunction concerning the child? If so, what do they say?
How old is the child?
Expert:  UKfamsol replied 4 years ago.
Hello again

I see that you have seen my questions but not got back to me. The answers would really help me to give a properly thought out and carefully considered response to your daughter's situation. There's no point in my trying to give you legal advice if I don't have all the information needed - I could be missing a vital piece of the jigsaw - so do let me have the answers - if at all possible.