How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Divorced a year was persuaded by my ex to sign every thing

Customer Question

Divorced a year was persuaded by my ex to sign every thing over to him even though I was severely mentally ill and he was my carer. He promised me he would give me my share if we didn't fight through the courts. Now one year later says he will not give me anything. Do I have any legal standing to try and sue for my share.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  UKfamsol replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.

I need a bit more information to be able to answer:-

What did you sign over to him?

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

What other assets and debts are there?

How much income from all sources do you each have?

Are there any dependent children and if so, who has the day to day care of them?