How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

i have just been declined access to my children, by my ex wife

This answer was rated:

i have just been declined access to my children, by my ex wife through a solicitor, would I be able to get legal aid to fight for the right to see them, as i was having them every weekend and I am paying child maintenance through mutual arrangement
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and what excuse has been given for stopping contact?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have 3 boys Aged 6,7,8, and reason is inapropriate conversations with them, meaning I was an idiot before christmas saying that they had to be naughty for her boyfriend, we had discussed it between ourselfs and i appologised and not said anything since, but she has said that my boys told her that i have. buty dosent mention that my boys told me that she has said things about me

Well yes you were an idiot - but frankly you are not the first and will not be last - and the fact that you acknowledge it is a good thing
The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary
On the down side Legal Aid is no longer available for a court application - but it IS still available for Family mediation ( where you can try and resolve matters
however if this is not successful then you can make a court application in person MANY people do.
The form you need is here
and the fee is £215
You can read more here
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you