How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have been separated from my husband for 12months. He has

Customer Question

I have been separated from my husband for 12months. He has since met someone and is moving in with her this month. We have an eight year old son and he has asked if he can take him to spain with his new partner. I am not comfortable with this request but do not know what rights I have as his mother.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  UKfamsol replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.

I need a bit more information to be able to answer:

Since you and your husband have been separated, what has been the arrangement for him to see your son?How often does he see your son? with/without his new partner? Has your son ever stayed overnight with him?
Since you separated, has your son ever been away within the UK on holiday with his dad?

How long has he been with his new partner?
Have you met her? Has your son? If so, what's your & your son's view of her?
Has your husband provided details of exactly where in Spain the holiday would be? What would the accommodation be? Who else would be on the holiday?
How long would the holiday be for?
When is it supposed to take place?