How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have a court order following our divorce that says I can

Customer Question

I have a court order following our divorce that says I can live in the former marital home until I die when he then gets half of the value of the property.My ex husb is liable for half of the annual house insurance and half of any major p roperty maintenance.He has ignored previous requests for house insurance but together with current repairs to the property he now owes me approx. £2000.00.How do I get that money from him How much will a solicitor charge to write to him and if he says he hasn't got it what do I do then.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law