How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am a non UK citizen, engaged to be married to UK citizen.

Customer Question

I am a non UK citizen, engaged to be married to UK citizen. I'm pregnant and want to know, in the event of matrimonial breakdown, am I free to leave the Uk with my child ?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
If the baby is born here in the Uk then you will need either the agreement of the father - or an Order from the Court to allow you to return with the child to the States permanently
Please ask if you need further details