How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have a baby and another one on the way, father of the first

Customer Question

I have a baby and another one on the way, father of the first child said that he does not believe that it’s his, when I was pregnant we broke up. I have now not been with him for 3 years and I didn't really want to go back to them times. But now I’m with a different partner and we have a baby on the way and we also want to get married. Together me, my partner and parents come to a conclusion that he should be responsible for their child and pay child benefits. But I don’t know how to start it off. What should I do so that my child’s father pays child benefits?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Does the father of the first child live in the Uk?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.