How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

can my ex take me to court if I dont want to see my child

Customer Question

can my ex take me to court if I don't want to see my child or pay child maintenance .
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

You can't be forced to see your child but you can't get out of paying child maintenance if the other parent seeks it. The child support agency can make a maintenance order which you will have to pay. There is nothing you can do about this.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.