How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Me and my girl friend are splitting up my name is XXXXX XXXXX deeds

This answer was rated:

Me and my girl friend are splitting up my name is XXXXX XXXXX deeds cam I get half
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How was the purchase funded and are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

175.000 nothing on mortgage owe little of other house.two children

So no mortgage
How old are the children?
Who owned the previous property?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

6 and 10.moved in to new house ipaid the mortage house in her name.sold that house to buy the on we are in now .my name on feeds of new housr

Do the children live with her?
How much would a cheaper three bedroom property in the same area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No cheaper the house is three bedroom.just like to know where I stand

Do the children live with her and was a Declaration of tRust drawn up to deal with the division of the equity
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I still live declaration was drawn I guess I made a mistake and was to trusting.

Not at all - the house deeds are held in joint names which means that you on the face of it have a claim on 50% of the equity even though some of the money came from her previous house
However you cannot force a sale of the property until your youngest is 18 unless your ex cohabits before then
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you