How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34908
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have submitted part of my statement regarding historical

Customer Question

I have submitted part of my statement regarding historical child abuse and a severe human rights violation. What are my rights during this investigation process?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What is it that you wish to know about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Who decides who gets prosecuted? What if they don't believe my story? How much do they have to tell me about the ongoing investigation?

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
The actual decision is made by the Public Prosecution Service - you can read about their role here
You will not be given details of the ongoing investigation - but will be given an explanation if they decide not to prosecute
I hope that this is of assistance