How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have joint parental responsibility of my 10year old son with

This answer was rated:

I have joint parental responsibility of my 10year old son with my ex-wife. My son stays with me 2-3 days a week. My ex-wife is in hospital and has stated that she wishes my son to stay with her parents and for me to have him on my normal 2-3 days. I feel that my son should stay with me full-time whilst his mother is in hospital and my son is more than happy to stay with me.
Can you advise if I am within my rights to oppose my ex-wife's wishes.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are there any existing court orders regarding Residence and Contact?
Are you willing for her parents to deal with the daily hospital visits?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No there are no court orders in place, contact has been agreed between us. Her parents are welcome to do hospital visits but I have also been taking him to visit then picking him up later
You both have Parental Responsibility for the child and if your ex is not able to have the child in her care you are the only other person entitled to do so
Accordingly in fact you can insist on the child staying with you if need be
Please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you