How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My sons ex partner has recently moved back home abroad with

This answer was rated:

My son's ex partner has recently moved back home abroad with their son (aged 7)and he has now received a letter from there stating he must pay a stated amount of money for his son or face prison?
However here the CSA has deemed him not earning enough to pay anything as he is self employed and receiving housing benefit, working tax credit etc. As he says how can he pay for this son that has left the country when he can't afford to pay for his 2 estranged daughters 16 and 13) over here. (He has two young children 4 and 2 living with him)
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that he will have to deal with this matter through the Swedish Courts
The Order can be enforced over here - and the Uk court can set a lower payment rate HOWEVER the difference in what he pays and what the order states will accrue as arrears.
Only the Swedish Courts can change that
I am sorry as I know that this is bad news but I have to explain the position that you are in
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you