How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I need your advice, Im separated with my husband but we havent

Customer Question

I need your advice, I'm separated with my husband but we haven't divorced yet, he is threatening to our son with him
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi. I'd like to know when and how child's costody is determined. As far as I understand it is after divorce is approved, not before then, right?At the moment our child lives with me, but his farther wants to prove that I am unfit mother and wants to take his full costudy. Can you tell me what would be the process of him provind that he can take the boy to live with him, I imagine it would cost a lot of money for lawyers. I believ I have to hire a lawyer myself and I am so worried that it would cost a fortune and I don't know how I will be able to afford this. I am full time working, I am paying for childcare, farther is not evn paying child support so I had to call child support agency to ask getting money out of him. he just hates me so much and wants to destroy me.

I am going to file divorce first based in unreasonable behaviour and start the process.I am also worried that when his farther takes child with him overnight or stay with him few times a week he might not give him back to me and until child's costudy is not determined, what will I be able to do in case this happens?

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
How old is the child and are you all still living together at the moment?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Child is 3 years old and we are not living together since August 2013

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
What contact does he have with the child at the moment - and why does your ex think you are a bad mum?