How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34904
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi Im the male in the relationship that Brooke down around

This answer was rated:

Hi I'm the male in the relationship that Brooke down around 9 months ago, initially we had a agreement that I pay her £300 a month, which as always been paid through bank..the arrangements were every Tuesday, every other weekend and the Thursday I don't have him the weekend. She is now taking Thursday away from me for no reason is there anything I can do, or do I have a good enough case to try
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
how old is the child?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi my little boy is 5, 6 on march 24th
What times have you been having him until now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Every Tuesday every other weekend and the weekend I don't have him on that Thursday. The change over happens at school so there's no hassle involved
have the school reported any problems?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No not at all in fact he has been better at school since splitting
The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary
There is already a set pattern of contact and there appears to be no reason to change this.
You should try and discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation (
If that fails then you can apply to the court for a Defined Contact (or a shared residence) Order
There is every reason to expect that you would be successful
You can find more information on these websites
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you