How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My friend is going thru hell, her abusive and violent ex husband

Customer Question

My friend is going thru hell, her abusive and violent ex husband is going to get residency of their 2 children (son 8, daughter 3) He has sexually abusused his son, which my friend has highlighted, but he says she is lying. Her son has also recently spoken of it, but the court says my friend told him to say this, and why didn't he say it sooner - he was not ready to talk of this horrendous thing. My friend is in pieces as all she wants to do is protect her children and now she won't be able to…..
Her ex is very manipulative and is doing this just to punish my friend….not for the best for his children….
is there anything she can do to change this?
would joint custody help her but she has residency ?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When is the next court hearing and has there been a CAFCASS report?