How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35045
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi I had a child with someone who didnt want nothing to do

This answer was rated:

Hi I had a child with someone who didnt want nothing to do with me I pay maintenance via csa which they did. iv moved on and have got married with children and now she is harassing family on the street and friends online. im after getting legal advice on stoping them contacting friends or family of mine and my wifes. our friends do not know this family and I wish for them to stop could you please advise me a legal way to stop this in future
yours sincerely
ben creates [email protected]
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
has she contacted you or your wife at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Only via online facebook which they are now contacting friends for some reason I dont want any contact from them and im after legal advice on what I can do to stop this

How many people has she contacted and how often?
What does she say to them?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She has sent private messages to my wifes friends on facebook saying her husband has a daugther she wants no one to know about. She has turned up at my in laws house saying she is going to bring the child there. I pay my maintaince on time every month via csa but other than this I do not wish for any contact. I certaibly dont want her harassing my in laws ad wifes friends. What can we do?

In the last month how often has it happened - and has anyone spoken to the police?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No this has only just started. She turned up at my in laws house a few weeks ago and is now sending messages to my wifes friends via facebook. My wife and I have our own children and I do not want them affected by this. Is there anything we can do to stop them contacting us or my wifes family again. No police have ever been involved.


Has she asked for you to make contact - do you know what has provoked this (this is part of working out the best way to deal with matters)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She has said the child knows about me and wants to get in touch. I have moved on have my own family now and do not want to be involved with this child. I pay maintenance for her and that is the most I want to do. I do not want to upset or confuse my children I have with my wife and want to stop my ex from being able to contact me or my this possible? I do not know what has triggered this, I believe she is jealous of the life I have built and wants to cause trouble. She contacted my parents about 2yr ago saying the same things and I didnt reply as I do not want to be involved but now she is turning up at my in laws house and contacting my wifes friends and this is not on or fair on them. It is nothing to do with them and I do not want them involved.

I would just like the peace knowing my ex can not keep doing this and upsetting my family everytime she feels like it.

I am sorry but you cannot prevent her from contacting you altogether
You can certainly write to her and threaten her with action if she continues to harass you via your friends and relatives
You need to make it clear that you do not wish to have any contact with the child now or in the future and that if she ocntinues to try and make contact via friends and relatives you will report the matter to the Police and ask that an harassment warning be given
It is a little harder where the contact has not been directly with you but the pattern is clear and on that basis I would expect the Police to take action
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you