How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I split with my ex partner over 9 years ago and we have 2 daughters,

Customer Question

I split with my ex partner over 9 years ago and we have 2 daughters, The eldest daughter lives with me and up until December last year my other daughter was living with my ex partner, All though she was always at my house with my new partner ( at least 4 nights a week ). I recently put in to claim for the child benefit for my 2nd daughter and now my ex partner is causing trouble by stopping my new partner, my mum, my sister or anyone I need from picking up my daughter from school, Is this allowed??
I have never stopped my daughter from seeing her mum and have even encouraged her to go and see her but she always said she wanted to stay with me and my new family.
She has been to her mums 4/5 times since early December 2013
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are your daughters?