familylawexpert, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Substantial experience (14yrs +) in divorce, financial cases, cohabitation, pre-nuptial agreements and civil partnerships.

I have ( comparatively ) low income , and ( comparatively )

Customer Question

I have ( comparatively ) low income , and ( comparatively ) high assets . It could be said I am asset rich but cash poor . What precedents affect the amount of child maintenance
I pay ?
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 4 years ago.

My name is Mac. I can help you with your question.

If you just want to visit the CSA online support calculator, then you can find it here:
However, the CSA is also entitled to take account of circumstances where the lifestyle of the payer is inconsistent with the income.

If you would like further specific assistance, then I would need a bit more information, which will give you an idea of the factors that are relevant.

- what is your income
- broadly speaking, can you give me an approximation of your capital assets?
- how many children will you be paying child maintenance for to this parent?
- are you supporting any other children?

Most people will simply be governed by the CSA's calculator, but if you have substantial capital, then the parent with care can apply for a lump sum order on behalf of the child(ren).

The parent with care can also apply

I notice that you haven't rated my original answer above, and so wondered whether there was any aspect of your question that I could help you with further?