How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hiya! My estranged wife has left the matrimonial home now just

This answer was rated:

Hiya! My estranged wife has left the matrimonial home now just over 6 weeks ago, the house and mortgage are in her sole but I have a land registry notice on the property preventing the 2 sales she has already agreed from being completed. Our first financial hearing is not until May 2nd, but her solicitor yesterday advised that from April 1st she is transferring all the utility bills to my sole (all previously in her name) but obviously not the mortgage, which she is insisting that I make the FULL mortgage payment and ALL the utility bills on my own, how do I stand legally regarding this please?
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
If she is not living in the property then she has no responsibility for the Bills and is fully entitled to transfer those into your name
She can also ask you for the full mortgage payment since you are living there and she is not.
However if you do not pay then your ex will have to decide whether or not to default on the payment and it is she alone who will be risking her Credit rating of she does so.
Please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you