How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34904
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My son and his wife are estranged, she has set up home with

This answer was rated:

My son and his wife are estranged, she has set up home with a new partner. They currently share custody of children equally, children s ages 12, 10, 7. They are aware the arrangements for the children are not child centered and are seeking to come to an alternative agreement through mediation. As part of this process my son has discovered that his wife's new partner has a 21 year old son who has just been released from prison. This came to light as his wife has obtained a Sexual Offences Prevention Order to stop the son coming into contact with her (and my sons) children. As intimated above my son discovered this by default. The question is:- My sons wife has had contact with a Social Worker regarding he "step" son and her own children s safety; she did not tell my son about the situation. Is there a legal requirement for the Social Worker to contact my son to advise him and ensure he is aware of the potential risk to his children?
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
Since the children will only come into contact with this person whilst they are with their mother there is no Absolute requirement for Social Services to contact your son - although had his ex been unwilling to take any action necessary to protect the children THEN they would have had to do so
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your help

You are most welcome I hope all goes well
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you