How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Good morning.I would like to know what my rights are concerning

Customer Question

Good morning.I would like to know what my rights are concerning my grandchildren who are in foster care, and whethet i can take out a libal case against the social services for discrimination as i have bipolar disorder.Derogatory remarks have been made about my character and illness which as my physiciatritrist agrees are unjust and supervised limited contact to one child(there are 4}.Please could you advise me.Many thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
has a final Care order been made and what has been said that causes your concern?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello it s waiting to go to court.The social worker commentend that I was on a lot of medication and asked if I had epilepsy as her mum took the same medication which is a mood stabiliser for bipolar.This was totally irrelevant.She said she thought I was unstable to care for a child.She made a report stating that my children had different fathers irrelevant and that I was not a good parent role model and had left my other tw O children to their own devices age 25 and 28 not the fact why,my son was repeatly robbing me for his gambling addiction and my daughter was not treating her childen right.i reported her and am being made to feel the wrong one.i don't know where to turn to for help.i can't sleep can't eat and feel like ending it all
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Do you mean that your daughter placed them in Voluntary care?
I am not sure which part you believe is irrelevant ti the issues before the court?