How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35053
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hello Clare. I am ready to go through with a divorce. Life

This answer was rated:

Hello Clare. I am ready to go through with a divorce. Life is been made too uncomfortable as he refuses to leave (which is his right I know) but he has abused drugs for the last time. I just need a fresh start. Please help?
Thank you for your question.
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Just to check - what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
None, he is trying to keep his wine business afloat. I am a full time mum, I started a food business but have zero income so far. His parents pay all our bills and buy us food.
You can start the Petition based on his Unreasonable Behaviour whenever you wish
You can read more about this here
If you need help with the fees you can apply using this form
You can start to discuss the financial implications using Family mediation ( - but if he refuses then you can start the process that will lead to the court dealing with the finances for you
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you