How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34890
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I lost cost in a case about our children, who the court said

Customer Question

I lost cost in a case about our children, who the court said should go to private school about 8 months after this the children's mother took them out of private school and back into state school, as this was the main point of the court case I stopped paying her the outstanding costs, this was 6/7 years ago, my youngest is about to leave school in june, at which point her mother will i am sure come after these cost even thought she has not asked for them, will i need to pay.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much were you ordered to pay?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The amount was around £5500 this was for the her legal costs, I have paid back about £1500 before I stopped


Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Has she made any attempt to pursue the debt?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


No she has made no attempt to pursue this debt, only to ensure I paid CSA payments which I have done in full with no missed or late payments

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
The problem is that the Court Order remains enforceable even now and your ex has a number of options available to her IF she realises it
I am afraid that there is no action you can take to prevent this
i am sorry - please ask if you need further details