How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have a 1 year old daughter, I am not married to her father,

Customer Question

I have a 1 year old daughter, I am not married to her father, he refused to be present when I registered her birth and still refuses to be named on her birth certificate although he accepts he is her father.Is there anyway I can add his name as her father dispite his refusal?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
May I ask why you wish to do this - bearing in mind that you can still claim maintenance via the CSA without it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Clare, I just really want my daughter to have both parents named, i feel its her right to know who her father is and that side of her family .Already her father has lost interest in her and i know soon he will stop seeing her altogether. I can not understand why he wouldn't add his name giving i can claim from the CSA without it which ive already told him, i have no interest in his money.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Is he likely to insist on a DNA test if you apply to the CSA (this could save you money)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello, im not wanting to apply to the CSA , but yes he would just to be difficult