How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34911
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am going with my nephew to Ipswich court tomorrow as we have

Customer Question

I am going with my nephew to Ipswich court tomorrow as we have applied for a residency order. hiws children aere currently living with their Mum under an informal arrangement and are under safeguarding with social services for neglect. Help. We have filled in teh forms what will happen tomorrow we do not have a solicitor
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
At the first hearing (which is what I assume this is) there will be a short report which will have been prepared by CAFCASS setting out what involvement there has been from, the Police and Social Services and what the initial views of each party is and whether or not there should be a full Section 7 report prepared investigating the issues of Residence and Contact.
If Social Services have produced a written report highlighting the safe guarding issues then there is a reasonable chance that the court will indeed make an Interim (temporary )order transferring the children to their father' scare whilst the long term position is considered
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details